Monday 30 January 2017

Dark Souls III: Dancing with Dragons

Tales from Dark Souls - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Soon after defeating Aldrich I am teleported back to Priestess Emma, who is bleeding out on the floor. She asks that I save Prince Lothric's soul before expiring. I imagine that translates to "kill that bastard Lothric", but don't have long to dwell on it as Emma's killer drops down from the roof to face me: a giant dancer lady. I get her down to 10% on my first attempt but subsequently do worse and worse on future ones, getting caught out by her incredible range and really long, spinning combos (which are beautiful to watch by the way). I also try bring Saranthor (player) to assist me, but runs into that problem of being unable to enter the boss fog. Sorry Saranthor!


Son of a...

I do manage to defeat her once I realize not to care about the camera though, which often goes berserk while tracking her. Basically I just run up to her butt and spam two handed attack while the world (and her) spins like crazy. The disadvantage of long reach eh? Also semi-related, funny fact: high ground in the Dark Souls franchise is -BAD- for the same reason. You will miss often, which means being lower on a staircase for example, is always preferred.


Anyway, with the dancer dead I was free to progress further into the Castle grounds, defeating some tough knights and running past "possessed" hollows through a poisonous marsh that was the King's Garden. I encounter a dragon thing here who is suffering from post natal depression and looking for its child (who is possibly Shanalotte, the Emerald Herald?). I am assisted by Ser Sad, who finally is doing something useful, in putting it out of it's misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment