Tuesday 15 November 2016

Skyrim: Far Traveled

Adventures in Skyrim - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Not sure how this is a stealth test...

Teleporting through testing areas is a bit sudden. After a brief stint at the arena where I find the sword, Umbra, I am soon back to solving odd puzzles with candles and traveling back and forth through long dungeon corridors to find hidden switches. Whoever designed these tests really made it annoying. For a change of pace the next portal tosses me into Molag Bal's slice of Oblivion known as Coldharbour.

Ooh, an Elder Scrolls Online tie in!

While most of the huge area is devoid of life, the few patrolling guards have fantastic eyesight making this a truly challenging sneak experience since I wanted to prove to Molag Bal that I could escape the place without killing anyone. That last guard really required an invisibility potion though, he was just too good. Or I needed to lure him out or something. Hindsight right?

Master Thief thumbs up!

After even more tests of wit, patience and eyesight I finally emerge out of some mountain temple and into a very humid desert. A sole Redguard is camped nearby and is quite excited to meet me, insisting I follow him to his village. He even knows I am the dragonborn? I ask him just where the heck I am. The answer? An isolated valley of the Alik'r Desert... in Hammerfell!

Kinda reminds me of Al-Khazneh.
Where is Doctor Jones?

No comments:

Post a Comment