Sunday 13 November 2016

Skyrim: An Ancient Quest

Adventures in Skyrim - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Since the battlefield was sort of close (not really) to my property at Hjallmarch Hall, I went there and asked Rayya to help me collect the gear of the dead. I didn't even care that she still had not made any progress with the internal decor. The stuff felt heavier than it was. Rayya suggested I go visit the Umbranox family in the Reach to get my mind off that last battle so I did, and discovered that the Champion of Cyrodiil had left me a quest: to find the Cowl of the Gray Fox.

This again?

Given a strange arrow and directions to an old fort high in the mountains, I soon found myself teleported into a test area of sorts all leaning towards thiefly talents such as lock picking, jumping, sneaking past robots and pick pocketing ghosts. Yeah I guess you have to be pretty good to do that last one. My favorite was the room of fire though where you needed to walk upon an invisible path to reach the other side.

And that path is very snakey.

The next portal put me in the Imperial Prisons, where I got to enjoy a reenactment of the opening of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and learn a very handy "ancient vision" spell which lets me see (and traverse) the past. The prisons were now run by Thalmor (obviously) so I killed as many of the bananas as I could before moving on from this area.

Pretty cool hit of de ja vu!

No comments:

Post a Comment