Wednesday 16 November 2016

Dark Souls: Highest Calling

Tales from Dark Souls - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Despite being wounded, Kalameet managed to incinerate me a few times before I worked out what I was doing wrong: having fear! Staying away from the beast only encouraged it to use the full array of its arsenal. Bravery (and a little luck) was all I needed to finally slay the black dragon. Gough was pleased and thought I'd make a fine knight.

Yeah, I had him right where I wanted him! *cough*

Inspired I then returned to Undead Berg for a rematch against the red dragon of the bridge where after a bunch more firey deaths it was again bravery (charging it as soon as it landed) that resulted in victory! For the full trifecta I then went down to the ugly poison dragon in the valley I stole stuff from previously. He wasn't as mobile as Kalameet or the red one, but he sure could take a beating. At this stage, so could I though - and so it too was slain.

That's some good artwork.

With them gone I took the strange doll from the asylum to the large painting in Anor Londo and promptly got sucked into the wintery cliff fortress. After slaying the expected hollows, spartan hollows, cancer hollows that explode, as well as the odd harpy and skelies and crazy invader King Jeremiah who wears a giant mummy head, I found another poison dragon guarding a lengthy bridge. Since it had strong breath I opted to use Gough's method and sniped it from a lower stairwell. Where he needed only 1 shot, I needed a few (hundred) more - but the end result was the same. I am a dragon slaying knight! Or, at least I like to think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment