Thursday 6 October 2016

Dark Souls: Rite of Kindling

Tales from Dark Souls - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Returning all the way to Firelink Shrine, I returned the Firekeeper's soul to her body which resurrected her and she rewarded me by complaining her tongue had been restored. Sigh. I then decided to try my luck in the Catacombs of skeletons which get up again and found it more doable now that I've leveled up. Also, it turns out that they revive due to ugly necromancers lurking in those crypts - so slaying them became my top priority.

Traversing the place was terrible though, with so many floors that simply gave way underfoot and putting me into new, unexplored areas. Obviously the theme in this place was "down". A bald adventurer named Patches was down here, and I suspect he also made my life more difficult by flipping various bridges around via switches on the stone pillars. Couldn't prove it though so I just continued on the descent, deciding that falling in some places is faster than wading through skeletons.

Having the word "Trusty" in your name has the reverse effect.

Apparently I wasn't the only one thinking that, and was joined by Paladin Leeroy at the bottom canyon of the place where crazy skeletons riding spiked wheels (yes it's absurd) almost killed him via stun lock. After saving him he returned the favor when we reached the lowest crypt containing a three headed/masked sorcerer who enjoyed the mirror image spell. The two of us slaughtered him easy and I found the "Rite of Kindling" (more Estus flask uses per fire, yay)!  

Gee, you think he's a necromancer?

Leeroy was going to continue on into the pitch black cave ahead, because we weren't far enough "down" yet. I didn't feel like fighting blind so I used a homeward bone and returned to Firelink Shrine to level up and kindle some flames!

No comments:

Post a Comment