Friday 4 December 2015

MMO Agendas: Accountability vs. Privacy

[Part of my MMO Design Folder]

Based on the ATITD Test of the Coalition I thought it might be fun to see how the rest of you feel about the following agendas when it comes to MMOs. I not only invite but encourage you to post your own thoughts on your respective blogs or if it's more convenient, in the comment section below.

Today's Agenda: Accountability vs. Privacy


Should those that cause problems in a game be held publicly accountable for their actions or should troublemakers be dealt with quietly behind the scenes?

I vote Accountability. If person x is found to be guilty of doing something wrong then all details, and I mean ALL (including all registration details), should be given out to the public masses. Yes I know the real world has privacy laws preventing this but still! Not only will this add another layer of fear in potential wrong doers but it also shows that a game company is being active in eliminating those who break the law.

Which side of the fence are you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment